Thursday, May 23, 2013

Gucci prefall 2013 : Daria Strokous

A few days ago, Gucci released their pre-fall advertising campaign, starring Russian model Daria Strokous and Dutch model Bastiaan Van Gaalen, shot by Mert & Marcus.







The two models pose separately against a brushed metal background. I wish they'd have used outfits with some more color to it, though the styling is well done. I especially like the lace dress.

My only complaint is that Daria looks like Anja Rubik, who was in the spring/summer adverts.
Anja Rubik (left) and Karmen Pedaru (right) for the SS13 campaign
Perhaps it's the eyeliner, but I'm used to seeing Daria S like this:
Dior beauty spring 2013 : Chérie Bow collection
Either way, I'm pleased for Daria as this is her first Gucci campaign, and I'm also pleased to see someone other than Karmen for the Gucci campaigns (she's done 7 campaigns for them: SS11, resort 12, SS12, pre fall 12, FW12, resort 13, and SS13).

No comments:

Post a Comment