Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Mulberry F/W 2013 : campaign

Take at look at Mulberry's autumn-winter campaign featuring British model Cara Delevingne photographed in a tree among owls by Tim Walker.

images TFS
My first thought was that Cara was not at all the right model for this campaign, despite her being the it-girl of the moment and all. I like her well enough for YSL's Baby Doll mascara and she was good for Burberry too (except for the Body Tender perfume, which I personally didn't like because I can never associate Cara's face with being tender). But I've always seen Mulberry as a fun or at least whimsical brand, which is the spirit that came through their previous campaigns. In most photos, Cara only has one harsh expression (such a contradiction from her backstage photos, where she seems so goofy and fun). Maybe it's just the way her face is, but my eyes are going from owl to owl, never stopping on Cara's face.

Go owls!



No comments:

Post a Comment