Thursday, August 22, 2013

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag live-action trailer

The live-action trailer for the upcoming Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag was released yesterday.


I love Assassin's Creed, I'll repeat it until I'm blue in the face. However, when I first heard about the next release Ubisoft was planning, I was kind of put off.

Seriously? Focusing on pirates? I hated the naval missions in AC3. They were repetitive, and the damn boat kept hitting the rocks. AC4 is also supposed to have hunting, as well as harpooning, missions. I never did a hunting mission in AC3; I didn't like killing the little animals (didn't mind killing people, though) or selling their skins/teeth/fat/etc. It was a waste of time for me. I wanted to get back to my assassinations!

Fine, I take back what I said about hunting and harpooning missions.

And then...IGN got an interview with the director of AC4. I'll admit: the previews in that video were enticing. Previews are made to be enticing! In fact, let's take a look at this video showing gameplay that we've all been waiting for:


This is just one of many videos that I've been watching all morning. And don't doubt for a minute that Ubisoft won't be releasing more teasers. They're very good at hyping us up and making us prepare our wallets.

On a more positive note, I can't wait to see the modern day story. It'd be really cool if we could see the havoc Juno is probably wrecking upon the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment