Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Vogue Paris September 2013 : Saskia de Brauw

Vogue Paris's cover of its September issue has recently surfaced. Shot by leading photography duo Mert & Marcus, Dutch model and current Alt favorite Saskia de Brauw poses against a white background clad in a revealing ensemble by Saint Laurent Paris.


At first glance, I didn't like this cover.

At second glance, I didn't like this cover.

At third glance, I don't like this cover.

I know that Vogue Paris is supposed to be daring, and chic, and controversial, but to me, this shot does not scream cover shot or September issue to me. Don't get me wrong, all the elements are in place: great model, great photographers, cool clothes... but this picture would have been better off if it had just been left for the editorial. It's striking, though, certainly, and it'll catch your eye since it's not a smiling celebrity wearing a colorful and form-fitting dress. I suppose that was what they were going for.

No comments:

Post a Comment