Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Wig Life : Copenhagen part 1


I’d been packed up since Saturday, and had been not quite dreading this trip for a week. It’s not Copenhagen itself that was bothering me; I’d lived there for about a year when I was a child and had pleasant-ish memories of the place. No, like anyone that has lived in a very warm place, it was the weather that I was not looking forward to.

The trip itself wasn't terrible, I guess. My bag was 5 kilos overweight so I ended up dumping out some stuff and straining my purse with extra weight. My two carry-on bags were heavy and cumbersome. Security made me take off my hiking boots (haven't got any winter boots), and I forgot that I had scissors in my backpack. The wait for the plane to start boarding seemingly took ages. A hundred odd people were squeezed into an airport bus that took us 50 meters out onto the tarmac near the plane. We then had to haul on our carry-ons up a flight of steps and make our way to our seats.

The flight itself was probably the least problematic part of this whole thing. Refreshments cost money, but luckily I came prepared with crepes and applesauce.

I suppose I should say now that this isn't a rant. The more appropriate term would probably be 'acclamation for Denmark, and in particular it's variety of restaurants and shopping'.


I suppose you can't really compare Nice and Copenhagen. You don't quite go there for the same things. You go to Nice for the weather, the beach, and possibly the Cannes Film Festival. Copenhagen is more for culture and history, I guess. I've only been here three days, and I didn't plan out any excursions. I've seen a part of the Stroget, a few palaces, about four train stations, and the insides of loads of restaurants and shopping areas.

I dunno if shopping in Nice is comparable to shopping in Copenhagen. It seems to me like the Stroget has more of the, let's say, less commercial high-end to luxury brands: Bottega Veneta, Mulberry, Moncler, etc., but have big 'commercial' brands too, such as Louis Vuitton, Burberry, Hermès, Zadig & Voltaire, Lacoste, etc. Plus they've got a Topshop up here. I'd never been in one before, but was sorely disappointed when I went in and saw their stuff.

I can't remember if they have these shops in Cannes (the ones I remember are Prada, Miu Miu, Salvatore Ferragamo, and Balenciaga). Nice is somewhat limited concerning actual brand shops (they have some very nice resellers, however) but have some of the really big names (Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Emporio Armani, Sonia Rykiel, Zapa, Hermès, Tiffany & Co, Cartier, etc.) plus some more affordable brands at Galeries Lafayette (Ralph Lauren, Michael Michael Kors, Pinko, Diesel, Esprit, Armani Jeans, etc.)

Plus they sell Max Factor up here. I thought I'd only have the chance to get some of that in the Netherlands.

If you've read my previous 'Wig Life' post, you'll remember me ranting about one of my local Sephoras carrying Justin Beiber perfumes. I take it back. Sephora, and a big department store called Magasin, carry celebrity perfumes, meaning I got to take a sniff of ALL THREE Beiber perfumes!


On a more positive note (I guess), I got to smell Rihanna, Taylor Swift, Avril Lavigne, Christina Aguilera, and Naomi Campbell perfumes. Needless to say, I don't remember what any of them smell like, especially since I had just doused myself liberally with Florabotanica just before.

Some things never change. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment