Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Rosabotanica by Balenciaga : Kristen Stewart

Actress Kristen Stewart returns to Balenciaga for the new fragrance Rosebotanica, photographed presumably by Craig McDean.


My first thought was that I liked it. I liked the pose better than the previous shot; the fact that she's facing us head on and actually holding the perfume bottle got a lot of points.

Then I looked closer. Kristen looks dead in her smoky eyes. That kind of ruined it for me.

I love Florabotanica. If you've read my blog before, you've probably heard about me practically taking showers in it. Even right now, my sprayed clothes are hanging in my room, perfuming the air with its intoxicating scent I just can't get enough of. That being said, I can't wait to get a sniff of Rosabotanica. I'm not too keen on roses, but I'll give it a go. Given the shot (a probably outtake of the same shoot from before) and the similarity of the bottle (the light turquoise isn't what I'd think of when thinking 'roses' but I guess I'm glad they didn't immediately go for pink. Plus it's a pretty unique color when it comes to perfume or cosmetics. And I do like the little flowery cutouts in the bottle. It makes it...fun), it's most likely a derivative of my beloved Florabotanica. Meaning I hope I'll like it.

But still, I wish they'd chosen a nicer shot. She looks so blank! I'm sure there must have been some shots where she'd had at least a tiny amount of intensity in her expression. A smile would not have been amiss either! She has a beautiful smile!

This makes me dread her upcoming Chanel campaign even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment