Thursday, October 2, 2014

What I learned today: don't microwave cat food

I'm sitting here alone with my cats and they come up to me yowling for food after I've quelled my own hunger pains. I scoop out their food from a can we've kept in the fridge - lidless, I might add, I dunno if that's a common practice - and it comes out looking like jelly. I suppose it's meant to look that way because it says gelée on the can (or frost in Dutch, which makes sense, I guess). Still, I can't imagine cold jelly, even if it's got chunks of duck in it, being appealing, so I stick it in the microwave for 30 seconds. I'm leaning down letting the two darlings lick up the cold remnants off the spoon (because I do know you're not meant to microwave metal) and I hear a low boom.


The bowl's hot to the touch when I take it out, and the contents have transformed into chunky duck soup. And the microwave into something out of a horror film, with a terrible smell to boot.

No comments:

Post a Comment