Sunday, November 16, 2014

Estée Lauder: Kendall Jenner

Kendall Jenner has become the newest face of cosmetics giant Estée Lauder.




First of all, I like Kendall's look. It's not extraordinary or something I could look at all day (like Eniko or Ymre <3), but she's pretty in an obvious way (in the same way Doutzen or Emily DiDonato are). She just needs to work on her actual modeling as it's one dimensional.

I also like Estée Lauder well enough; it was my mother's go-to brand for years, and the ads are always beautiful, as are the models.

But Kendall doesn't fit the brand in my eyes. EL oozes sophistication. Not that Kendall's not sophisticated (she's the member of the Kardashian family that I respect the most, other than Kylie), but L'Oréal or Maybelline might be a better fit. At least young girls (presumably the market EL's trying to get a piece of) already buy from those companies because they aren't so highly priced. Seriously, what young girl is going to blow all of her allowance money on EL products? It's why most of their spokeswomen have been models, chosen for their looks more than their personalities (and Gwyneth Paltrow, who appeals to her generation and older). But why Kendall?

Revlon or Rimmel would have been better choices too. Both brands have loads of celebrity spokesmodels, and Rimmel's got Georgia May Jagger, who's also no stranger to nepotism.

So I hate this choice. But I'm keen to see actual adverts. I'm half sure they'll justify my hate.


No comments:

Post a Comment