Monday, December 15, 2014

Balmain Spring/Summer 2015: campaign

The new campaign for Balmain, shot by Mario Sorrenti, has been released, featuring an all star cast: Joan Smalls, Isabeli Fontana, Adriana Lima, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Crista Cober.






I quite like it. I've always been a fan of Sorrenti's work, and this campaign is no exception. The lighting and saturation is fantastic. The dynamism of the shots are great (except for the second one which is a little too much), but I feel they're overcrowded sometimes. The clothes themselves are meh, but they're Balmain (what did you expect?).

As for the models, they all look good except for Rosie. I've said before that she can look too masculine, and that's the case here; the lighting doesn't flatter her. And it's like she's never played a video game before! I'm not fond of the wet/greasy hair they were styled with either.

No comments:

Post a Comment