Friday, December 19, 2014

Lancome Holidays 2014: Alma Jodorowsky

Mert & Marcus captured French actress, singer, and model Alma Jodorowsky for Lancôme's latest campaign.




Well, I've never heard of this girl. Her biggest film credit is from Blue Is The Warmest Color (which gave a major boost to the careers of Léa Seydoux and Adèle Exarchopoulos).

I figured Lancôme had enough spokeswomen already: Kate Winslet, Julia Roberts, Lupita Nyong'o, Penelope Cruz, Lily Collins, Emma Watson, Daria Werbowy... which makes me think: that's a surprising amount of brunettes. Surely they don't need another one?

But then I looked at the pictures again, and I was surprised at Alma's transformation capabilities. In the holiday campaign, she looks like a confident, strong woman. In the second ad (which is actually for Spring 2015), she appeals to the younger market (like Barbara Palvin does for L'Oréal). I'll admit I thought she was generically pretty at first, but I'm interested to see what Alma and Lancôme have in store for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment