Thursday, December 4, 2014

Versace SS15: Madonna

Queen of Pop Madonna becomes the queen of Versace in front of Mert & Marcus's camera.







Is it strange that the first thought that came to mind when I saw this was that Madonna had completely lost her neck? Odder still is that I thought that in Tyra Banks' voice. Guess I've been watching too much ANTM.

But I like this in general. Madonna looks great (this is her fourth campaign with the brand), even if M&M's excessive retouching isn't doing her too many favors. I do like the high contrast black and white though, and her intense stare and poses. Interestingly enough, I think I like this better than last spring's campaign with Lady Gaga or even this fall's with Anna Ewers and Stella Tennant. It feels like a return to simplicity, with just the clothes and the model to focus on.

No comments:

Post a Comment